Monday, April 26, 2010

4/26/10 - What I'm Playing Update #1


Hey readers! I realize I haven't been posting a whole lot as of late. This is partially due to me being on vacation last week in Ocean City, MD, and not having much access to video games or writing time, and partially (mostly) due to me being incredibly anal and self-conscious about my writing; I refuse to post a review unless I feel it is my absolute best grammatically, content-wise, and otherwise. I also won't review games I haven't beaten recently (to help maintain accuracy in my writing); this combined with the fact that gaming time has been scarce as of late (mostly due to my job) makes the blog grind to a crawl at times - for this, I sincerely apologize. I also maintain a food blog, which demands some of my time to maintain, as well. Regardless, I know this is annoying (for you AND for me), and I promise more reviews are on the way!

In the meantime, I've decided to start posting "What I'm Playing Updates," which are exactly what they sound like: updates on what games I'm currently in the middle of (at the moment, it's A LOT). These will be posted in no particular interval, but at random when I feel the blog is slowing down.

Feel free to leave a list of the games you're currently playing in the comments section!

What I'm Playing:
-Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love (PlayStation 2)
-Need for Speed: Underground 2 (PlayStation 2)
-Phantasy Star (Sega Master System)
-Shining in the Darkness (Sega Genesis)
-Earthbound (Super Nintendo)
-Final Fantasy III/VI (Super Nintendo/PlayStation)
-Robotrek (Super Nintendo)
-Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (Super Nintendo)
-Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation)
-Azure Dreams (Game Boy Color)
-Robopon: Sun Version (Game Boy Color)
-Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Game Boy Advance)
-Lufia: The Ruins of Lore (Game Boy Advance)
-Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescure Team (Game Boy Advance)
-Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone (Game Boy Advance)
-Dissidia: Final Fantasy (PlayStation Portable)
-Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360)
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)
-Prey (Xbox 360)
-Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360)
-Gears of War (Xbox 360)
-Prototype (Xbox 360)
-Bioshock 2 (Xbox 360)
-BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (Xbox 360)
-Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (Xbox 360)

And yes, I am playing them ALL to some degree - while I haven't touched some for months (I still plan on finishing them and remember where I am in the storylines), many of these games are actively accessed whenever I have time to play. My severe ADD keeps me jumping back and forth between them, but at the moment Sakura Wars, Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance are consuming a majority of my game time. The fact that I have so many games going at once means that beating them takes a little longer than if I were to just concentrate on one and power through it, but I figure with this approach I'll eventually have more than enough to write about. Don't hate and remember to keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter